For optimal results. FIRST BURN
When you first light your eco soya candle, burn until the eco soya wax melts evenly across the jar, edge to edge.
- Never blow out your candle, extinguish using the glass lid.
- Never leave burning candle unattended. Burn on a level and heat-proof surface. Keep away from curtains, flammable objects, children and pets.
- Don‘t leave in constant breezes or drafts (fans, doorways, open windows). It will cause uneven burning and reduce the burn time of your eco soya candle. Breezes and drafts may cause the candle jar to crack or shatter.
The Wick: The most important part of your eco soya candle. Always ensure the wick is centered; keep it short, the perfect length is 1cm. If it is longer, the excessive flame will cause the surmanti eco soya candle to burn off much faster than its stated burn time.
The wicks in surmanti eco soya candles have been crafted especially to burn essential oils and give a strong scent throw. When the wick curls downward, trim just below the bend to where the wick is still straight. Make sure you leave 1cm above the eco soya wax. If you trim too much, you will drown the wick on your eco soya candle.
Always check the wick length before you relight your surmanti eco soya candle. Never leave the trimmed wick in the soy candle, as it is a fire hazard.
- Struggling flame on your eco soya candle. You may find the wick gets clogged up with essential oils inhibiting the suction of the wick. Trim wick to 1cm, wipe the wick with a paper towel to remove excess essential oils.
- Centered wicks produce a longer lasting soya candle with amazing scent throws.
An un-centered wick places excessive heat one side of the glass candle jar, causing uneven burning of the eco soya candle. Excessive heat may cause the candle jar to crack or shatter.
To re-center: Blow out the eco soya candle and while the soya wax is soft, re-centre the wick using scissors or a non-flammable object. Allow the soya candle to cool before relighting.
Always burn on a level surface, away from children and pets. Natural soya wax is attractive to dogs.
To prevent damage, do not burn in draughty areas. Discontinue use when 1cm of eco soya wax remains in bottom of jar.
Failure to follow instructions may result in fire, injury or smoke damage.